Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekly Science Report Assignment

Here are the instructions for the weekly science article report. This is what we discussed in class today, but I wanted to you have it just in case.

I look forward to reading your reports. Remember they are due on Wednesday.

Weekly Science Article Reports
Mr. Ardito’s Classes

The purpose of this assignment is to develop your ability to read and write about science.
The assignment:
Each week you will find an science related article that is interesting to you. It can be about any topic, not just whatever we are studying in class. Then you will write a report which has these three parts:
1) Citation: Here you will put the name of the article, the author, and where you found it (for example, the New York Times or Science News for Kids).
2) A brief summary: Here you will summarize the article in one or two sentences. This is to give your readers (including me) a sense of what you have read.
3) Reflection: This is the biggest part of your report. I am interested in your response to the article. Please address the following questions in your reflection:
a) What did you think about the article? Did you like it or not? Why?
b) What interested you or surprised you about the article?
c) What questions do you have about what you read? What would you like to know more about what you’ve read?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr ardito i just wanted to know the site of the sheet that you gave uf for the 7th grade assignement i forgot mine at home ! from bailey malloy

Gerald Ardito said...

Bailey,
Here is the link for the article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6983330.stm

Anonymous said...

Drooling Yet?
A New and Improved I-Pod?

The article I just read was about all the new I-pods and what they do. One thing that really surprised me was that there making a new iCar with Volkswagen. Its going to have different apple appliances all around the car so that they can attract a younger group of people. Apple is also trying to work out a deal with Mercedes-Benz to make a dashboard navigation system.
What I don’t really like about the new set of all this I-pod electronics is that apple goes through new sets of I-pods like under wear. You get a new I-pod nano and before you know it there is a new and better nano and every one wants that one and the one you like just got is now old and no one wants it.

Anonymous said...

I got my article from New York Times online, in the science section. It was written by Emily Voight on January 22, 2008. It is called Teenagers, Scalpels and real Cadavers
My article was about a new program in high school called gross anatomy. But, it isn’t just any high school program, it’s a class of anatomy. The special thing about these schools that have these programs, they work on real dead humans (cadavers).
I liked the article because it gave you a sense of what schools really have to offer. What really surprised me is how generous this guy, Dr. Hitchcock is by letting them actually work on them by themselves for one and two, spending $1,200 on each cadaver. What interested me was the whole human body part of it, I wish I could do that. I would like to know more about the human body in general, everything about it fascinates me. From the brain to the end of your veins in your toes all the way out to your skin, I’m mesmerized and I can’t stop asking questions. I would definitely like to know more about what I read.
Sincerely, Green101